Alert Templates can be found / created in the main menu via “Configure” drop-down menu, “Notification>Templates”
Templates allow you to control the look feel and content of your alert messages.
For example your technical users’ messages could have links to network trace routes or even snapshots of the download that caused the alert.
The Template editor allows you to input dynamic variables to customize the alert for the intended recipient.
The dynamic variables can be used in both the subject and the body of the alert emails.
- An Error, which means the alert has been triggered by the automated system
- A Test, which means that a user has manually triggered the alert to make sure that the proper recipients are receiving the alert in the proper format
- An Uptime Alert, which is an automated message that can be configured to send to recipients once a device has left an error state.
Each product type contains dynamic variables that can be added to a message such as device name, error code, response time that can help troubleshoot the errors that trigger an alert.
You can add a dynamic variable to an alert by clicking to place the cursor where you want to add the variable and then clicking on the variable from the list of variables on the right side of the screen.
Because there are three different events associated with each template you may find it valuable to include the event type in the subject or body of the email.
<%NotificationTypeAlertName%> will include the following values depending on alert type:
1) “Alert” – in case of error
2) “All Clear” – in case of UP alert
3) “Test” – in case of Test alert