A monitoring Task is the active monitoring of a specific target.
Targets that can have monitoring Tasks include:
- a specific URL,
- a Mail server, FTP server, web server etc…
- In the Userview terminology – a single “step” in a multiple-step monitoring sequence (such as 5-steps online shopping cart process).
- In the MetricsView terminology task represents single “Permanence Counter” or single “SNMP Counter“.
There are two fundamental ways to set up monitoring Tasks:
- Setting up single Tasks using the Set-up Wizard or the Task Edit/Create interface
- Setting up sequences of Tasks using the EveryStep Scripting Tool
The exact process for setting up a single monitoring Task varies depending on the type of Task and the Monitoring Platform used.