How to Edit a MetricsView Collector
To create a Collector, go to Configure > MetricsView Collectors and click the Add Collector button.
Once you have created a device and are adding or editing a Custom Collector task, you will be prompted to adjust the following settings:
- Name: Defines the collector’s name, and is listed as part of the MetricsView custom collector task configuration.
- MetricsView Node Alert Email: Is the address that will receive notices about issues with the collector.
- Alert frequency: Determines how often alerts are sent when the collector is in an alert state.
- Switch to alert state if there are no responses received within [X mins]: Defines the duration to wait while the system has not received incoming counters until the system will trigger an alert.
- Collector Type: Selecting MetricsView agent will use the MetricsView software that you download to your computer. Selecting Customer Counter will require you to use the API to push your custom counter values to the system.
The next step is downloading and installing the MetricsView Agent by navigating to the download section in the top menu and selecting MetricsView agent. The agent will walk through a wizard that connects to the Collector that you just set up.
After you have created a new collector, you need to create a new MetricsView Collector Device on the Device manager page.
- Troubleshooting MetricsView Collector Issues
- Add / Edit a Custom Collector Task
- Add / Edit a Windows Performance Counter Task
After a Custom Collector and task are configured, the next step is to program an application to interact with the MetricsView API.
For a detailed overview on the available Methods in the API, please visit the MetricsView Custom Collector API Methods page.