A monitoring device is a collection of one or more related tasks to be performed in sequence on a set schedule. All tasks within a device are included in the alerting and reporting communications, so that if any single task within a device errors, the alerts and reports will reflect the error.
There are several steps involved in creating a new device:
- From the Device Manager page, click Add Device at the upper-right corner to add a new monitoring device.
- Select the task you need to perform.
- Configure the task settings. Use recommendations given for UserView, BrowserView, WebView, ServerView, and MetricsView tasks correspondingly.
- Enter a device name in the text box at the top of the device settings page. Use a descriptive name to help later identify this device amongst a list of other devices.
- Configure device settings as monitoring, alerts, reports.
- Check the device summary.
- Click Create Device at the lower-right corner to save the device.