All tasks inherit the monitoring settings from the device under which they were created. The device defines the monitoring settings, such as frequency, monitoring Agent list, reporting options, alerting options, and other settings that are specific to different monitoring platforms.
To add a new task to the existed device:
- On the Device Manager page, click on the action button in the device row.
- On the action menu, select Add Task.
Here are a few tips to manage tasks within a device:
- The easiest way to set up a few closely related HTTP(S) Tasks is to record them using the EveryStep Scripting Tool.
- Each UserView device contains a script with the sequence of tasks (steps). The best way to modify a complex monitoring script (add new/edit existed steps) is to open and edit it directly in the EveryStep Scripting Tool ( ).
- Generally, if you need to modify several tasks it is recommended to clone an existing device and then make the necessary changes.
It is generally recommended that you only include one task per device. This allows you to set up and receive the most granular reports and alerts.
If you wish to create multiple tasks with similar device settings, you can clone a device or task.