With MetricsView Platform you can monitor statistical metrics from devices and servers within your environment such as memory, CPU, disk usage, etc. MetricsView setup includes the following steps:
- Creating a new MetricsView Collector.
- Installing the MetricsView software on the target host.
- Setting up a MetricsView Task.
See quick start PDF tutorial MetricsView Setup Guide.
Creating a New MetricsView Collector
MetricsView uses collectors to receive and aggregate performance counters, or server statistics data, from associated devices. Find how to create and configure collectors from the provided articles:
- Understanding MetricsView Collectors
- Understanding MetricsView Custom Collectors
- Configuring MetricsView Collectors
If you already have a MetricsView Collector setup and running in your environment that is capable of collecting the data for the current task, you can simply select the collector while configuring MetricsView tasks.
Downloading and Installing the MetricsView Software on the Host
To collect statistical data, MetricsView uses software installed and run locally on your host, gathering statistical data and sending it to Dotcom-Monitor.
To install MetricsView software, see the corresponding article:
- 2-core CPU or higher
- 4GB RAM
- 2 GB hard drive space+1MB per monitoring results saved
- OS Windows Server 2008 or higher 64bit or Supported Versions of Linux
- .NET Framework 4.7
Setting up a MetricsView Task to use the new Agent/Collector
After you have created a new collector and install MetricsView Agent, you need to create a new MetricsView Device on the Device Manager page.