Device Type: ServerView Platform
Glossary: SMTP task
How to create devices and tasks
- Add a New Task to an Existing Device
- Create/Edit a single Device with a single task
- Create/Edit several Tasks within a single Device
How to Edit an SMTP Task
Once you have created a device and are adding or editing an SMTP task, you will be prompted to adjust the following settings:
During task configuration you will be prompted to adjust these basic settings:
Task Name: Provide a descriptive name for the task so that you would be able to identify the task later among a list of similar tasks. For example, “www.example.com http full page load”
Maximum Connection Timeout (in seconds): Enter the number of seconds the task should wait for a response from the web page before aborting the task and returning an error. If this is left blank the default timeout for a task is 120 seconds.
Server[:port]: Enter the SMTP server address and port number. This could be the url or the ip address.
Login to Server
When disabled – Dotcom-Monitor® connects to the destination address and port and checks for a successful connection.
When enabled – the authentication procedure will perform the following steps:
- Requesting types of authorization supported by a server and searching those which we support, including:
- If none of the methods have succeeded unencrypted, the socket is switched to SSL and repeats each method until a positive response is received (according to RFC 5034 on authentication mechanisms).
If any of the authorization methods succeed – the monitoring is successful. If not, the monitoring will report an
User Name: Enter a username for POP3/IMAP authentication
Password: Enter a password for POP3/IMAP authentication
SMTP Server requires a secure connection (SSL): When enabled – SMTP over SSL will be requested.
DNS Options are explained in detail in “DNS Mode Option” article