The EveryStep Web Recorder is a program that automates the recording of a browser’s interactions with a website or web application. The EveryStep scripts are used to set-up monitoring and load testing within the Dotcom-Monitor platforms.
The EveryStep Web Recorder is used to record scripts for:
- Web application monitoring: web application monitoring using a browser
- Rich Internet Application (RIA) monitoring: web application monitoring that includes a need for image verification or dynamic web page elements, such as Silverlight, Flex, Flash, etc.
- Server uptime monitoring: web application monitoring using an HTTP/S (GET/POST) request process
- Stress Testing: testing web applications from worldwide monitoring agent locations
To use the EveryStep Web Recorder, log into your Dotcom-Monitor account.
- Select the Tools menu
- In the text field for EveryStep Scripting Tool – Web Based, enter a Starting URL and click Record Now.
- Select Change Scripting Mode to select the desktop or mobile browser you’d like to emulate.
How to use the EveryStep Web Recorder
- EveryStep: Internet Explorer
- Creating a Script with EveryStep
- EveryStep Scripting Tool Video Tutorial
- Getting Started with the Everystep Script Editor