Static Reports are available in text, .CVS (weekly only), and .PDF formats and are often used for presentations and reviewing statistics and performance. They have standard timelines, including: daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly.Setting-up Scheduled Reports is subdivided into creating Global Report or Individual Device report.
Real-time reports are available via Real-time Dashboards (aka Report Cards) using global unique identifier (GUID) URLs and XML feed formats and often used to see the live status of various Devices and Tasks (for example on a shared screen within a network operations center (NOC),or on an individual smart phone). The information in real-time reports is available for display at a high-level, such as an average aggregated into broad time-lines (day, week, month, year), or if needed, in highly detailed, drill-down views (example, an individual webpage element response time). The interface for setting-up Real-time Dashboards starts with the menu Reports > Live Dashboard and setting-up up the XML feed starts with the menu Reports > XML feed.
Configurable reports are customizable and interactive and ideal for investigating information. Of course, there are several ways to set-up Configurable reports depending on the need and goal for the reports.
- Online Reports (Interactive drill-down reports and graphs)
- Historical Reports – a listing and access to previous reports
- Waterfall Charts – interactive graphic of page object render speed in a browser
- Performance Report – a listing of the top 10% of slowest and fastest rendering page objects
- “Hosts” Report – a listing of all hosting (including third-party hosts) rendering objects to a page
- Page Object Render Speed Trend Report – displays individual page object render speeds over time
Userview only reports:
- Video Capture synced with a Waterfall Chart – web application page object speed and errors (UserView only)
The reports can aggregate information into generalized statistical summaries in the form of graphs and averages. Some users also use the detailed raw data within the XML feed, or CSV formats to develop their own reports. The Technical Support team at Dotcom-Monitor can also provide as-needed customized reports not offered in the standard interface.